Monday

I’m tired of September 11th

I’m sorry if this pisses you off.

I’m tired of September 11th. I’m tired of hearing about it. I’m tired of seeing news stories about it, and I’m tired of reading weblogs about it (which sort of makes this the pot calling the kettle black). In short, I’m tired of the longest news story of my life. I’m tired of patriotism, I’m tired of hearing phrases like “war on terrorism” or “new war” and the word “evil” bandied about with no sense of perspective, and I’m tired of hearing about “how we’ve changed”. I’m tired of having had my grief hijacked for 365 days. I’m tired of being embarrassed that I’m a citizen of a rogue state. (I’m an American in case that wasn’t clear). I’m tired of dissenting views being called anti-American. I’m tired of losing respect for people who bought the party line hook and sinker. I could go on and on and on but yeah, you guessed it, I’m tired of ranting about September 11th as well.

Source: www.easterwood.org

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a "September 11th" almost every day in Iraq, Afghanistan and Africa.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired too. Nice article.

Anonymous said...

Yeah each year kind of gets a little much.

Anonymous said...

I as well am sick of hearing about it. Grieving period set aside, I think we all are ready to move past it...

Anonymous said...

I am no longer interested in hearing about it. It has turned into such a gloom doom day- it isn't even tomorrow yet and I am hearing people talk about it.. recollecting memories. That is fine, but keep me out of the conversation please and thank you. And go further away so your not in earshot.